Over 80 years ago, John and Mary Haslam started a small used book and magazine store in St. Petersburg. Over the years it grew to be Florida's largest new & used book store. Now, in our third generation, we are starting a second location... in cyberspace. After all, if we are going to have a second location, why not put it everywhere?
Haslam's was started in 1933 in the Depression by John and Mary Haslam, both avid readers, to provide other readers with used magazines and books at bargain prices. After World War II they were joined by the second generation, Charles and Elizabeth and the business began to expand. In response to customers' requests, new technical books were added, then Bibles and religious books and finally a complete line of trade books and a large section for children. The business has moved four times to accommodate the growing number of volumes and customers, and today covers 30,000 square feet with over 300,000 books.
Business Phone: 727-822-8616